Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Egads!

Holy Smucksville, I was out tending my flower/vegetable pots a little while ago.  Oh my goodness, in one of my flower pots I noticed 'something'.  I did not know what I was looking at, I did not have my magnifiers with me but I knew it was something undesirable to me.  I went to get a stick to poke it.  Noisemaker was sitting on the deck ...wondering...what is she doing?  I got my stick and poke at this thing, oh my (curse word) oath, it moved, it was alive.  I threw my stick down and ran, shaking my hands; saying oh god, oh god.  I headed towards the house, Noisemaker says...what have you found, a bug?  I replied, oh no - it is not a bug, it is brown and griefers I cannot deal with it.  Noisemaker rises from his chair and says he will take a look at it.  We walk down and I take the stick to show him where that foreign ugly object is.  He tells me it is a slug.  I replied, what you are telling me now I have that lunatic of a heathen so called neighbor in my flower pot!  He laughed and got the critter out of there.  I ran in the other direction.  I cannot handle stuffola of that nature.  We had slugs in the lower mainland of British Columbia; good grief they were six inches long, I would run from them too.  I do not like creepy crawlies.

My little flower/vegetable pot garden is coming along.  I will probably run out of time and have to bring all into the house.  Geez, I hope there is no more of those slugs in the pots, I best check the pots out before I have to bring them in.  I will make certain Noisemaker is near by.  

The stupice tomatoes are doing very well, they are so full of flavor.  Best tasting tomato I have had in a long time.  My red potatoes will be ready to harvest in about a week or so.  Took up some carrots and green onions the other day.   Not a big crop but just enough to eat a few and freeze a few.  Nothing like making a fall beef stew with homegrown vegetables.  The aroma of fresh, garden grown vegetables is the best perfume I know, I love it.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...