Tuesday, July 17, 2012

It's My Party

...and it isn't even my birthday! 

I was awoke early this morning by the sound of blasting music.  The alien that resides next door decided to play some of his fine, fine music.  Do not get me wrong here, I love music.  I do not like it blaring or blasting nor do I enjoy hearing it at 3:00 a.m.  I listened to three hours of music blasting.  At 8:00 a.m. I telephoned to the police (seems like I know all the police at the local detachment).  I filed my complaint and although the police have expressed their sympathy, there is not much they can do.  They do let me vent my frustrations, I am thankful for that.

oh, alas - my day gets even better.  I started in on cooking up some hashbrown/ham hash.  I brought the eggs out to the counter and a knock came to the door.  I bent to see through the window and promptly knocked the eggs to the floor - eggs everywhere.  Appearing in the doorway is the other lunatic from across the road, down the way.  I have no patience here, I live in the lol.  That does not stand for laughing out loud - it stands for land of lunatics.  I seem to be surrounded by them.

I was near the point of beyond livid.  It takes mega to get me to that point.  To make a long story more near my height (short); I am currently sitting here trying to calm myself, do the deep breathing and I am listening to the music I enjoy (with headphones).  Oh, who would that be -- and, no I am not listening to John Prine.  I am listening to a cd my brother made for me.  It is filled with music from the 60's.  I have Lesley Gore on now - a duet - It's Only Make Believe.  I sing Lesley's part.

I should mention I am alone, in peace.  I am lovin' it.  I love to sing, I love to dance, and I love to giggle so hard it makes my stomach hurt.

Next song is Summer Wine - Lee Hazelwood and Nancy Sinatra - I sing both parts.  ....she took my silver spurs, a dollar and dime and left my craving for more summer wine.

Remember Walkin' The Sand - Leader of the Pack - The Shangri Las - anyone remember?  Help Me Make It Through The Night (written by that hunk of a Kris Kristofferson), sung here by Tammy Wynette.

CSN&Y - Woodstock - what harmony.  I'm fitting right in.  hahaha

Here we go girls - Diana, Mariah, and I.  I blend in the middle.  Ain't No Mountain High Enough.  I gotta dance. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...