Monday, May 7, 2012

John Prine - Vancouver - The Morning

The day of Prine has arrived.  Photo taken off the balcony of the Blue Umbrella.

Such a special weekend, I will try/attempt to keep all posts in order.  I possibly could get derailed. 

I left the mountain side about 2:30 a.m. or so Friday.  Arrived in Vancouver at the Blue Umbrella around 1:00 - 1:30 p.m.  Who do I see around the corner glass, Greetings my friend - it is Naj (Janis).  My word, I could have cried. 

We went to Brett and Naj's room and just relaxed for about two hours.  Then we went for Happy Hour and Happy Laughing Faces - (Janis will send a photo - I, duh, forgot my camera). I will post upon receipt.

I had special little gifts, stuffola for Naj - the best was the 'birds of a feather' package.  We were gathering together.  They were mini turkeys - I make them out of pine cones and bird feathers.  So funny, she has a great laugh - a great sense of humor.  It was like christmas in May - Naj and Brett also had gifts for yours truly.  One being an apron she made for me, it is frilly with dots and stripes.  I tell you, when I returned to my room, I put the apron on and danced.  Those frills, the twirling, my giggling.  oh my . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...