Monday, May 7, 2012

David Jacques

Back in 2009, I received from Charlene Stevenson, a John Prine Hatch print.  I was able in October 2009 to have John Prine/Jason Wilber sign it; but I could not locate David Jacques to complete.

I am extremely happy to report, the Hatch Print is complete.  I was standing on a street corner and who do I see walking - David Jacques.  I called out, David - David - caught his attention.  I extended my hand and said - hello - my name is Beverlee Traxler and proceeded to tell him about my Hatch print.  We walked on over to the cement wall and he signed my Hatch print.  We chatted.  He has much love for his family, warmed my heart.  Such a gentleman he was.  Holy smucksville, I near forgot about the cookies I had baked prior to leaving the mountain side.  I reached to my bag and said, oh yes David I baked up some cookies for you folks, chocolate chunk cookies.  My word, his eyes sparkled, his heart was warmed.  I told him, that he would have to share with the fellows.  I hope they were good, I did not have any, I made three dozen and bagged them up for my Prine road trip.  Oh, right, I had a picture posted prior.

I, then, said to David that I had best let him get on with his day, I thanked him, and again extended my hand.  I depart and get about two blocks towards the Blue Umbrella and think to myself - you forgot to take a picture.  I could not believe I had done this and start talking to myself, cursing at myself.  I was taken in the moment, a special moment indeed - with David Jacques.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...