Sunday, April 22, 2012

Suncatchers

My suncatchers.

I have them located in the little flower garden.  Hung up on a poplar branch which I got when building Lydia.  I love the lil bit of a scarecrow hanging opposite.  Above the scarecrow is a bird, can you see it?  I have a wild yard, I have heart rocks, wing nuts, and Lydia.  It is certainly a one of kind yard.  I have my pots done, but cannot plant just yet - the nights are still on the side of cool.  I have vegetables growing in pots on the kitchen table.  Holy Smucksville, the sunflowers are 6" high, cucumbers are doing very well as are the peppers. 

I was doing a bit of weeding in the flower garden today, oh for the love of god, I came across a worm.  Good grief - I told myself calm down, it is a worm - a worm is something you are bigger than, you do not need to run.  Stay put and that is what I did, but you know I just could not help myself in flicking that worm elsewhere...I did say bye bye wormy worm. 

Then, I sent myself up roadway and took to raking.  Thinking perhaps I could plant a few flowers up that way.  My word, I am raking a mighty big rock.  It is approximately 10 feet by about 8 feet and I do not know how deep it is.  I suspect it launched in a millions of years ago, when the volcano hit.  I made Noisemaker come out to look at it, he could not believe what I had unearthed, and said Bev - you best just let it be, do not be digging that up - we would have to hire a crane.  I left well enough alone, smiled at my Lydia and came to sit a spell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...