Sunday, March 18, 2012

Oscar and Olivia

The other day out at the pond, we spotted an otter.  He was having a great time, playing.  That afternoon, I walked outside and noticed that there were two otters.  Noisemaker was off on the other side of the lot and he too, spotted the two otters.  We both started to run towards each other to say of the news.  We watched them for quite a spell.  Noisemaker suggested we name them; sure, I replied.  He says we should name them Oscar and Amy.  I asked, why Amy?  Noisemaker says it flows together Oscar and Amy.  I told him, I have a Prine friend named Amy and although I do not believe she would mind Amy being used for an otter I would like the name Olivia.  Olivia is it.

Otters mate for life and I do hope Oscar and Olivia will have a long, long life.  I hope they do not get trapped.  They have settled into a comfortable home and are a real treat to watch.  They are so cute when they play and splash around in the water.  They come out on to the ice and lay in the sun, roll around, flip - jump back into the water. 

One of the pleasures of living on the mountain side, the wildlife.  I am part of the 'wildlife' - teehee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...