Sunday, March 4, 2012

Beautiful Fresh White Stuff

Outside my door, this morning - beautiful white fresh stuff just waiting to be shovelled.  My word, it is so heavy today, I finally gave up.  Noisemakers' turn. 

While I was shovelling, as previously mentioned I was singing Diamonds In The Rough ~ John Prine.  Humidity is high here today so I also sang Humdity Built The Snowman and then giggled.  I thought of Sue Umbrella sitting there last night in Hershey toe tappin' to that tune.

I keep wondering which song I would like John Prine to play in Vancouver on May 5th.  Geez and smucksville; they all get rolling around in my head and I get everything all mixed up.  Sort of turns into something like this...
Humidity built the snowman
Sunshine brought it down...
Oh John, I am so sick of this snow
And soon my plough boys will come
You got gold, gold inside of you
I got some, gold inside me too
But if I had wings I'd fly off to Milwaukee
Oh - I'm sorry my daughter but you are too late in asking
Mr. Peabody's coal train has hauled it away
But why does he not come and haul my snow away
and what do you want to be when you grow up
Jesus - said god - oh my god what have I got myself into
I have so much (curse word) snow to shovel,
I think I'm gonna drown - that's the way that the world goes 'round

Words of John Prine and I. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...