Wednesday, February 22, 2012

John Prine - Vancouver/ My Man Magnet Hat

Yours truly - with my man magnet hat!

Generally, when we go to the village to grocery shop, this is my ensemble.  The hat is made by Janis Ferguson (skunkeyejan).  I tell you, when I wear this hat - men gravitate towards me.  They nod, say good morning, hold the door open for me, call me Mame.  It is great fun - even the Noisemaker notices me receiving the attention of male helpers.  I love it.

The other day when we were in town to shop, I was having one heck of a time trying to get the Buttercream Icing Tubs from the top shelf.  This young fellow (with a hat much similar to mine) comes up to me and says - here, let me get that for you.  I said, thank you very much, I appreciate that.  Then, I told him I love your hat!  We chatted about hats for about five minutes. 

Today, I was not off to grocery shop, I was going to the ladies auxiliary meeting.  I actually walked and I survived!  Lots of events happening in our community.  Our Fire Hall is having its' 30th Anniversary next month.  We our having a community dinner in celebration.  Events like that are great fun for me, I enjoy them.  To get out for awhile, do the lip flappin', and of course spread Prine when the opportunity arises - it is a fun time.

As the economy is tight everywhere now, the auxiliary asked if anyone had any crafts they make - would they be able to donate any for a door prize.  I was sitting there thinking to myself - honey I'm the big door prize.  I did raise my hand and mention that I make Rodeo Candles, I explained what they were and viola - a door prize for the dinner, I will be donating.

72 more wake ups until John Prine - Vancouver.  Checked over my bus ticket to be certain everything is in order.  It is.  My word, I leave at quarter to four in the morning, holy smucksville - it is going to be a long day ~ but well worth it.  I get to Prine and finally me Najee and Brett.  If luck is on my side perhaps I can photo again with John Prine, Jason Wilber, and David Jacques.


No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...