Sunday, January 15, 2012

Simply Amazed

WOW - the wonders of the mountain truly amaze me.  Today, Sunday is the day for the Province newspaper - it contains 5 (five) crosswords puzzles.  I have dreamed for a month to use my new Merriam-Webster's Crossword Puzzle Dictionary.  Noisemaker and I went to store because we needed lotto tickets, I prayed to the god of crossword, the newspaper would be available to purchase.  Luck is not on side of me.  No paper.

When we were driving home, I saw my neighborette. I call to the general store - oh my, I need my paper, could you please tell Audra to pick up one for me, I'll meet her on the roadway to pick up and pay.

My word, it is so cold outside, the wind is blasting, I gotta Prine and dance just to survive.  I think of Jesus the missing years...jesus, I am saying - I am missing my years, I just need my paper.  I Prine, I dance, and I sing (just to keep warm).

I should, at this mention, I had spent the morning shovelling the white fluffy stuff - we got about 5".

I see a red car rounding up the corner.  I am thinking my paper, my paper.  Oh delightful, arrival, touchdown!

As for coldness, well - we are sitting at -18 and it is to drop to -35.  Celcius.  God help me.  I do not belong - hold - ...listening to A Whiter Shade of Pale. I may turn a whiter shade of pale, is that possible.

I will survive, I have John Prine.  Jason Wilber opening for Jimmy Webb - and I am listening to Wicked Game - Chris Issak.  I love the song, I sing it well.   You all should meet me you could here me wail.  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...