Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sunrise

A beautiful sunrise yesterday morning.  About an hour after this picture was taken the white stuff started to fly.  Holy snow smucksville did we get a lot of snow!  That snow shovelling is hard work; I am out of shape - so it is good exercise for me.

During the hours spent snow shovelling I sang John Prine . . . humidity built the snowman, sunshine brought it down; Paradise and a few other tunes.  I remembered it was Neil Young's birthday yesterday, so I sang Happy Birthday to him.  Then, I giggled - just like I am doing now :)

And, speaking of John Prine - The Singing Mailman Delivers was delivered to the retired mailman, my brother.  He was so happy - he had to telephone me and thank me for giving him the OhBoy telephone number.  I know The Singing Mailman Delivers has a very special meaning to Wesley.

This morning there was more snow to shovel, god help me.  There was no beautiful sunrise, no Happy Birthday song and no Prine - Noisemaker was out there shovelling with me.  He makes enough noise for both of us ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...