Sunday, October 16, 2011

Miss and Mash


It is almost time for spook time.  We do not receive any trick or treaters on the mountain side, I keep hoping.  I buy candy and bag it up (about 10 bags), no one ever comes down the driveway.  I loved dressing up for Halloween - where I grew up - the temperature was not accomodating to trick or treaters, hence - you dressed warm.

As a teenager, with Halloween - I remember one time - my girlfriends and I bought some eggs.  We stood near the highway and egged up every vehicle that went by.  Ah, but what goes around comes around. 

One time, I was not quick enough to climb the fence after we had egged up a vehicle, the woman, stopped and ran after me.  She grabbed me from 3' up on to the fence.  She said, clean my fn car off - I will let you go.  I did, she sent me off and running - like Lesley Gore! :)

Last night I had a delightful dream.  I dreamed of John Prine.  He was giving me his autograph.  My Mom was with me.  Mr. Prine had to leave quick, seemed like he wanted a disguise - so my Mom pulled out a gray haired wig...John put it on and away he went.  End of dream.    The autograph of John Prine was on something that was blue and white, I cannot quite remember.  I remember placing it in my pocket, on the left.   

...I leaned of my left leg in the parking lot dirt...
...you must be Daddy's little pumpkin, I can tell by the way you roll... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...