Tuesday, October 18, 2011

ah, the Witch of the North

Love this photo, can you see the sparkles and fire aglow...I am waiting for the witch to take flight :) south!

Geez, I have not even started typing about John Prine and viola there comes the Paradise Wave.  Seems like the new cd - The Singing Mailman Delivers - is being shipped out.  I, so wish I could have stuck it out to get the big combo - the cd, the ball cap, t-shirt and ...... but I could not.  My brother, Wesley is so going to love this.  As mentioned, Wesley is a retired letter carrier.  He sings Prine.  I could not rile him up on the telephone so I sent him a postcard (you know to keep all those mail carriers employed).  I sent another postcard to a friend of mine.  I like to keep my northern friends informed of new Prine releases - well, not just new releases - anything Prine will do. 

...but dreaming just comes natural...
just like that paradise wave

My so called law abiding Noisemaker still has not come to peace with the law.  I think I should be calling him a renegade or a bandit -- actually plain stupid would put the icing on the cake!

Oh alas, such is life and life goes by too quickly.  I am thankful for prine friends and that Zuckenburger (sp) guy for inventing Facebook.    geez, you'd think I could get that guys name right, but eh, ...six million, seven hundred thousand, and thirty-three lights on
you think someone could take the time to sit down and listen to the words of my song...
John Prine

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...