Thursday, August 25, 2011

60 Years

Today, my Mom and Dad would have been wedded up for 60 years.  Can you believe it!  Good grief, sometimes I think if I live to 60 - I'd be doing great!

As with any marriage, they had there ups and downs - but they stuck together.  My Mom always said for their 50th wedding anniversary she wanted to have a new wedding ring set.  Unfortunately, my Mom never lived to see her 50th  wedding anniversary.  We had a family celebration on their 40th wedding anniversary; both my Mom and Dad, I think, felt this was their marriage - friends and family gathered around them to celebrate their years of wedded bliss.  We went out for supper to Mom's favorite restaurant and returned to their home and continued to celebrate.  I purchased a special cake, a wedding cake they never had, Mom loved it. 

My Mom and Dad were married at the Justice of the Peace in northern B.C - Prince George.  My Uncle sported them a room at the local hotel for their wedding night.  My parents did not have a lot of moola back then.  However, my Dad worked hard, he was a plumber/pipefitter by trade - he travelled much.  My Mom toiled to keep our happy home - happy, safe, and secure.

I miss them both, I will always love them and I am so proud to be their daughter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...