Tuesday, August 30, 2011

...another day on the mountain side...

I have been busy, busy today - bit of lip flappin' and baking.  As I have mentioned, I bake for the community bingo - today I made lemon cupcakes.  I had purchased some of that tub icing - oh lordy, never buy that low fat type - it is not worth it.  It is more of a glaze than icing.  Icing needs some giddy up and go.  The low fat icing you cannot even place sugars or decoratives on it - they will not stick.  My cupcakes will pass but they are certainly not the best I have made.  I do love the nice little, decorative liners - the little things just make it all seem bigger. 

My little garden is coming along, but it is running out of summer.  We did not see much of hot weather this year and the garden did suffer.  I will probably end up bringing my tomatoe plants into the house, they have lots of tomatoes on them, but they have to get bigger.  My green onions did very well this year.  I took some to my neighbors - they were pleased to receive.  My friend, Audrey, she asked me - did you grow these?  I replied, yes but in pots because I do not do worms - she laughed.  Good lip flappin' time! 

I also took some potatoes for my neighbors, Bernie and Olga who live down the road from us.  Yesterday, we were in the village, grocery shopping.  I needed potatoes, I generally buy the 5 lb. bag.  Well, go figure this; the 5 lb. bag is $7.99 and the 20 lb. bag is $5.99.  Makes no sense to me.  I purchased the 20 lb. bag and took half of the bag for Bernie and Olga.  More good lip flappin' time!

Now, I'm fairly well done for today, I have corn on the cob for dinner tonight - oh, it is so sweet - yummy; I like it with real butter and salt. 

I am off to the porch (for those who do not know, I do not smoke cigarettes in the house - hence porch time).  Sometimes I dance and sing on the porch - it can become quite the activity center, my activity center.  I sing Prine, do the hula and some fancy foot work.  If the deer come to visit, I talk with them.  hmmm...seems like my lips are not on the side of zipped up while I am out of the porch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...