Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Egads

Yesterday, our seasonal neighbors' friend brought a crate of a salmon in appreciation of Noisemaker and I looking after their abode while they are back in the city.  I do enjoy fish, however - I am not good at touching it.  The salmon that Dave brought was near 10 lbs. - it was cut in half so I have to assume it was a 20 lb. salmon.  Dave is a commercial fisherman, nets along the mouth of the Fraser River in British Columbia.

As mentioned, I am not good with fish - lord, I looked at the beautiful piece of fish and thought I cannot let this go.  I must think of beef, the cows that run wild...right.  It is only beef.  I put on a pair of fresh rubber gloves and okay, salmon, I am going to do this.  I placed my gloved hand (MJ in fish apparel), yikers, but I can do it.  I proceed.  No singing, just a knife and a fish. 

Oh god, it is beef - I am making stew.  I do beef, I can do this salmon.  Noisemaker refuses to help me.  Well, fine - watch me - I will do this.  I did.  I cross that line, I did a salmon.    What I have not mentioned here is the salmon came to me de-headed and guts out.  Had it came whole, I would have ran.  I do not do worms, nor do I gut.  I have no use for slugs, reptiles, or snakes.

I Prine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...