Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Motherlode, I Hit!

Good lord, I did hit the motherlode of fence posts today.  I walk several times a week and have always noticed this big pile of used up fenced posts.  Today, I stopped by and inquired - may I purchased some.  Heck, they gave them to me for free.  All they said was would I make them a candle; to which I will. 

The pile sported me a 12 foot fence post; fencepostville, that will make me 18 candles.  I am so delighted.

Rodeo Candles are made from used fence posts, cut to around 8 inches.  In the front of the wood base, tied to it - is a horseshoe.  I receive the horseshoes from a farrier (a person who changes the shoes from a horse).  By the time I received the horseshoes, they are full of mud/woodchips/and sh*t.  I clean them with a solution of coarse vinegar and water, scrub 'em up, and then place a coat of varnish on them.  I then take twine and lace up the horseshoe to the wood base of the candle.  Oh geez, I forgot to mention Noisemaker does the hole drilling for the tea candle that is set in at the top of the wood base.  Does this all make sense? 

I do not own a Rodeo Candle myself, I make them and give them away.  However, I am thinking now I could sing Paradise/John Prine - make Rodeo Candles and make myself a homebase business.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...