Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Manitoba Tomato


Yesterday coming back home from the village we stumbled upon Mr. Tomato Man.  A fellow, my guess, around 45 years old who grows tomatoes.  40 varieties.  I purchase a Manitoba Tomato and one other - a Stupuis.  I hope they grow and that the deer not bother to come to the deck to eat them.  The photo is a Manitoba Tomato, I hope mine turn out this good.  I am wondering if my friend, skunkeyejan grows these - she lives in Winnipeg, Manitoba.  That is why a purchase the plant, reminded me of her. 

On the side of the mountain today, noisemaker has decided to cease and desist on his medication - Yikers!  I am not in favor of medication - there are alternatives.  You have to maintain a healthy diet.  My noisemaker would be silent on this issue.  I, also, have healthy diet issues, I do not eat enough fruit and vegetables.  Noisemaker claims he will give himself 72 hours without medication.  Trust me, I am watching every move and to be honest, I do believe the medical establishment in Noisemaker case,  has written one to many prescriptions.    So we will await the outcome. 

I could not live here, mountain side without noisemaker.  I did just over two weeks in the dead of winter when he was hospitalized and I knew; I could never do this alone, nor would I want to.

On the Prineville note - the Priners/Prinettes will soon be flocking to Iowa.  What an exciting time it is going to be.  I will be thinking of them in Davenport, wearing my Prine proudly.

Cheers, Beers, and Prine!


No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...