Tuesday, June 21, 2011

hmmm...

The last 24 hours have been on the side of fortunate for me. 

Around supper time hour of yesterday, my brother - the retired postman called me.  Ah, we always have such uplifting chats.  We talked mostly about music ~ John Prine, Bruce Springsteen, and Neil Young.  We share a few incidental words about family and then it is back to music.  My brother and I both enjoyed the music of Clarence Clemons; so yesterday the conversation revolved around Clarence, his life and times with Bruce Springsteen.  It was so nice to hear his voice, I miss him.

Early this morning, I came in from the outside shortly after Noisemaker awoke.  I took my gumboots off and walked into the house.  I looked down the path towards the creek and there stands a doe with twins.  These twins were just born - they could barely stand on there feet.  They struggled to stay on their feet.  They would fall down and jump back up, it was nature at its' best.

I had to go to the general store this morning to get some milk.  At that time, I purchased a lotto ticket.  I returned home and Noisemaker and I decided to walk down to the creek.  Well low and be Prine hold - what you see in the picture is what I found.  The biggest four leafer, yet!  I swear lotto is in the winds of the north or the four strong winds may blow me skyward.  Either way, I feel strong that I am on the side of luck.

...I'm a walkin' down the street, like lucky Larue
Got my hand in my pocket, thinkin' 'bout you
I ain't hurtin' nobody
I ain't hurtin' no one...
John Prine


No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...