Thursday, May 19, 2011

Late Night ~ Just Thinkin'

I never stay up this late, generally I am in bed at around 9/9:30 p.m. Tonight, I sit thinking how precious life is. One minute you are here on earth, the next moment you could be gone. (Side note, I have Bruce Springsteen on - Gypsy Biker).

My friend, that was killed in the fire - his service will be on Saturday. No church service, a regular funeral hall service. After the service they will all flock down to the Legion for a luncheon, to remember Ron.

I spoke with Ron's wife - she is a good friend of mine, we all have been friends for over 40 years. I explained I cannot attend the service, I will have my service for Ron, right here. I do not live in the same city and would have to bus up. I also have obligation to my community this coming weekend. All was understood.

Not focusing well, here - Bruce in my ear - that Gypsy Biker always reminds me of Tom Reynolds.

On a lighter note, we went to the village today. On the way home, we stopped at the beer parlor and we had a beer and wings. We never do that - it was fun. The wings were so good, truly enjoyed them. We droved home and down our road, Noisemaker pointed out to where he walks each day, I looked over and holy smucksville a big huge black bear is standing there, about ten feet away from the van. We will have to be very careful when we walk outside.

The creek has now turned into a river - it is roaring. Our home is located quite aways up from the creek, no worry of flooding. Only worry we have is erosion. Creekside, we have spruce trees, well over 100 feet tall - I hate to see them topple, but they might. Each summer, we clean the creek up, take out fallen trees, plastic bags, beer/pop cans (thank you - you dense {curse words} tourist/seasonal folks).

Oh my, Bruce is entertaining...
"to the dead it don't matter much
'bout who's wrong or right
you asked me that question
I didn't get it right
You slipped into your darkness
Now all that remains
Is my love for you brother
Lying still and unchanged
To them that threw you away
You ain't nothin' but gone
Our Gypsy biker's comin' home"
Gypsy Biker - Bruce Springsteen

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...