Sunday, April 17, 2011

100 Pounds

As some of you may know, I have always had a weight problem. Not like most folks who try to keep pounds off, I try to keep them on. Yesterday, I reached 100 pounds. I knew I was gaining, but geez when I stepped on the scale and saw 100 pounds, well - I yelled at the Noisemaker to come on over and view. I have worked so hard to gain weight and I am mighty proud to be sporting the three digits. Prior to moving to the mountain side, I had already started to have pounds fly off me like a bird departing from its' perch. I had always maintained 98 lbs., but as the way of life started to rapidly fall apart, my poundage was falling too. In June of 2005, my four legged love moved on to dog heaven. My Noisemaker lost his job and was being hounded by the tax man. There was no way out but to sell out, pay Noisemakers' debt, and proceed - hence the home on the mountain side. As a side note here - August 5th, 2005 - John Prine - Vancouver. That Prine concert had so much meaning to me because I thought I would never see him again - where was my Prine mind? ...I always have kept the faith... My weight loss 'gained strength' at this point. In months I was down to 83 lbs. and I knew should I ever catch a flu bug; I would be screwed. No matter what I would eat, pounds were not on the menu of the day. Finally, I went on a big binge of potatoes. Mashed with butter - three times a week. Ice cream, whipped cream, anything with calories - I would eat. Today, yes - I sit a 100 lbs. I am so proud. My goal is now, to maintain it. I am eating a lot of fruits and grains - just trying to maintain...just getting by...and yes, I do watch the birds :) And for all you folks out there that consider yourself overweight. You are overweight because society says you are. Society looks at you folks, they never give a blinking eye to the underweight. Granted, some folks need to ditch a few pounds, but eh, don't ditch too many because if any bug is out there to catch ~ you will not have pounds to fight it with. Trust me, this I know. That 9 lb. hammer, John - it still a bit to heavy, buddy ~ for my size, size, size - buddy for my size.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...