Friday, March 25, 2011

Happy Birthday, My Little Boy

My 'little' boy would be 21 years old today - Happy Birthday, Yankee. Geez, I miss him. I can still smell his beautiful coat and I much would like to hug and kiss him.

I recall; yikers - menopausal at the time - in my orb of crying fits, Yankee - he would come and lick the tears from my cheeks.

The Happy Birthday Song - that was his favorite! He would sing along right (or left) with me. I sang that song to him all the time, I knew someone, somewhere was having a birthday!

Yankee, left Noisemaker and I on June 28th - such a sad day it was. Noisemaker and I were not in a good way - he had lost his job; had one mega debt to the taxation company of Canada - we were sort of left with - sell everything. That is when we came here - to the mountain side. I have probably posted all this before...but as we all know...

...Memories they can't be boughten
Can't be won at a carnival for free
It took me years - to get those Souveniers...
John Prine

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...