Monday, March 14, 2011

Happy Birthday, Dad

My Dad would have been 91 today! Happy Birthday, Dad.

Instrumental my Father was forming the United Association of Plumbers, Pipefitters Local 238 - Prince George - British Columbia. Unfortunately, UA170 - Vancouver came and dismantled 238. I think my Dad always held a knife to the heart of 170 for their actions. He waited his day...and it did arrive.

I think he got so p*ssed off at 170 because of no work, he had name requests which were not honored. That proud Tuesday I have in my mind, when he struck his own union.

He was fined for his actions. After his death, I requested from the UA International - his transcript - I received via registered mail. I still smile. I am warmed by his strong determination, his will to see that people should not be taken advantage of by government nor by unions.

Unions, in the past years have been a good thing. I think if one looks clearly into the on-goings of any executive member, a person holding a union representative position - you will find much of the dues that is paid by hard working, in the good standing membership folk has gone directly into the silk lined pockets of the executives.

Do not get me wrong here ~ in the state of Wisconsin and the on-goings - well, that Wacko governor has made my Dad roll in his grave (mega). My Dad near not roll anymore - only a gently rock, sing a lullaby.

I am off for a walk - got my kleenex. I miss you very much, Dad ~ I miss our political conversations.

I miss you.

Love, Your Daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...