Friday, February 25, 2011

Happy Birthday

George Harrison ~ Happy Birthday
Luck was on my side, several years ago - I saw George Harrison in concert - Vancouver, B.C. He was with Stevie Wonder/Billy Preston. Delightful concert - somewhere in the mid 70's.
George would be 68 today. What fine music he made. I love to hear his guitar in My Sweet Lord; While My Guitar Gently Weeps.
George Harrison ~ The Silent Beatle.
On the Mountain Side - well, it is our wedding anniversary today. Truly, it does not mean that much. It is so cold here, but the sun is shining - blue skies.
And...continuing on that brighter note - my brother called me last night. It was so nice to speak with him, I miss him. He Prines', he is retired postman. He walked that pavement for over 30 years. ah, just to hear his voice made me think of how our strong family is. Our Mom and Dad are dead now; there is only us 55+ left in our family. As my brother worded it...that is okay...we made it here, we had the Beatles and we have John Prine! With that he said, here's a hug for you, a big one - did you get it?
I received, in spades, diamonds, clubs, and hearts! Disconnect with love you and thank you for calling. I, quietly, went to the porch, had a cigarette, and cried.
I am thankful for my family, my Prine friends. It is comforting ~ my heart continues to be warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...