Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Animal Farm

The mountain side, is an animal farm. Yesterday morning I went out to shovel, (I am always shovelling). Sometimes, snow I can move easily - sometimes it is so heavy. All shovelling is good exercise, I keep reminding myself of that.

I was outside, near roadside yesterday, shovelling - and a moose came on up to the road - right out the forest. I did not spot it directly, I was busy looking at the white stuff. I know better than to run with wild animals, but I panicked...I ran. I had the keys to the van so I ran to the van, unlock and stayed there until I saw her pass. I was thankful there was no youngin' of hers' - or she would have charged me up. I believe this is the same moose that arrived here on Valentines' Day. We call her Val.

This morning, I go outside - once again to shovel - geez...I spend way too much time on the shovelling side of life. I took maybe five feet and I notice fox tracks. I love foxes - I am not afraid. I start to shovel the white stuff, god it is endless. I need a break.

A computer break, Wednesday is our somewhat local paper day, I read it on line. Cougar sighting near 40 miles north. The cougar had to be put down - she was starving. She was found on the deck of a home chewing on a overshoe left outside. Her teeth were grinded down, she had nothing left in her. The Conservation Officer was called in and the Cougar was laid to rest.

Because there is much snow; animals cannot readily find food. Cougars are taken to where they smell food, anything. Snow is very deep now-all animals - have a trying time to get to a food supply. I am perfectly Prine fine with animals.

...Spring Is Just A Smile Away... John Prine

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...