Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Skipping Songs

The last few days, I have taken to singing skipping songs. I have a very nice skipping rope - it is imaginary!

I was out there on the porch singing up a storm ~

Jelly in the bowl
Jelly in the bowl
Wiggle-waggle
Wiggle-waggle
Jelly in the bowl

Sausage in the pan
Sausage in the pan
Flip it over
Flip it over
Sausage in the pan

I sang that one - Spanish Dancer and I was able to perform all the actions. I love the songs you can do actions to!

Then - the Prine light bulb went off - good lord -

Johnny on the stage
Johnny on the stage
Paradise
Paradise
Paradise Wave

(naturally, you do the paradise wave)...then, I giggle. I swear I am going back to my childhood days. Noisemaker has even asked me...where are you getting these songs from; I replied - do you really want to know.

So, come first light I'll be skipping on the porch or perhaps today, I will skip to the mailbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...