Friday, August 13, 2010

Summertime...and the livin' is easy...

Saskatoon berries abound! We have millions. I have three huge bags frozen, so the rest are for the animals that we live with.

A saskatoon berry is similar to that of a blueberry only not as sweet, therefore, you add more sugar. I made a topping for a cheesecake with saskatoon berries - oh, delicious.

Our forest fire situation - we are still surrounded and the hot weather is not helping. We had a downpour of rain the other day which did wonders for the forest fires, however, containment is a not - but getting there. I am so thankful for all the workers fighting the fires. We have fighters fighting the fires from Alberta, Ontario and many from the U.S.A. In our region alone, there are 1,500 fighting forest fires. We are burning up.

My Noisemaker is out there tangling with the John Deere, I am inside singing John Prine - Storm Windows. Don't you just love how he says the word 'windows'. Sounds to me like you are going to win something. I hope I do win something. I went today to the general store to buy my lotto ticket for tonight. Just prior to that, I found a four leafer - eh, how lucky can one woman get...eh, how lucky...

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...