Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Last Night

Teary eyed day it was for our family, remembering our Mom. My brother called last night, in an emotional way, we had such a nice chat. It was sad, but fun ~ remembering our Mom, the times we spent growing up as a family in northern British Columbia. We cried, we laughed.

Recently, my brother ordered on up through www.ohboy.com via music fans direct - In Person & On Stage. We did big time lip flappin' on that. I told him many of the songs, yep, Wesley - I have seen John Prine in person play them....you know I had him sign the Hatch Print and lord, Wes, I nearly peed my pants. Wesley asked about the dedication, Tom Reynolds. I explained Tom Reynolds, I was acquainted with but I never got to meet him or ride on his harley. Tom had passed away.

...Tom had sent me a fridge magnet, three of them, I sent one to Wesley and then, explained that is Tom Reynolds (Crusher), the fellow in the magnet. Betcha Tom would never be explained as the guy in the magnet!

...Wesley commented how nice that was of John Prine to dedicate In Person & On Stage to a good fan. I told Wes, Tom had been to near 100 concerts of John Prine.

It was a bittersweet conversation and geez, in my selfish way, I just wanted to hug them on up. But eh, huggin' is a good thing - if only I had longer arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...