Sunday, May 23, 2010

WOW!

My stepson emailed yesterday morning to say he and the grandkids would travel to our abode. They made it safe and sound - oh my, have the kids grown. My daughter-in-law stay to be with her Mom. Her Mother is not doing well, hope for the best, anticipate the worse and come out true medium at F 2 1/2. (Did you all get that - F 2 1/2 is a true medium pencil - teehee).

We attended our annual bake sale, enter the draws, and went for a drive lakeside.

What are the odds of this happening....I won the door prize for the adults - my granddaughter won the door prize for the kids. I was so happy for her - she was beaming. When we entered the hall to collect our prizes - everyone clapped for her - geez, the biggest smile on her face near brought a tear to my eye. So, honey we are the Big Door Prize (In Spite Of Ourselves - John Prine)

We toted our winning baskets back home and noisemaker had to come out and carry them in. Geez, they were heavy. Kayla, my granddaughter - opened hers' up. Again, smiles abound! My living room is now toy territory mega. There were crayons, sidewalk chalk, coloring books, chips, socks (pink), everything an 11 year old child would love. After she looked at everything, then again, once more...she says to her brothers - I will share with you. Proceeded to make piles for her brothers, herself, and a third pile. I inquired - what is this pile for? She replies Gramma, we share. I cannot use this pile; I will take it to school - give it for other kids. We hugged, hi 5ed.

I was so happy for her. Many times we have hugged and hi5ed - since bringing our winning baskets home.

And that, my friends - it priceless. It is called Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...