Thursday, May 27, 2010

Oh My, OhBoy - It's Prine

After hugging my delivery package from OhBoy Records, listening to the IP&OS, viewing endlessly the deck of cards and my new t-shirt. I was nearing not Prine overload. I awaited Letterman.

The new John Prine - In Person & On Stage - well, it is like you are right there. John Prine IS in your living room. The dedication to Tom Reynolds and listening to My Mexican Home, I brought the box of kleenex/tissues. Cried my little eyes out and I never met Tom Reynolds.

Odd how it is when you meet these folks on line and you become one big Prine family. You care for them, you have feelings for them and their loved ones. I have an extended family, but I never dreamed it would carry on to on line. I have a virtual son, Chad. I have sisters mega. I have RS and Florida John. I have Chuck from over yonder - cross the pond. I love it all and I am thankful for it. My life has been enriched by Prine Friends!

In the parcel from OhBoy they give a card to download - good heavenly days, I will not live that long to download. I am dial up/dial down. I am giving my card to my brother (he is on high speed), maybe he can download and burn for me. I did contact OhBoy to see if I needed permission to do so. OhBoy should have made a package deal for the Tribute and IP&OS. I tell ya - nothing pisses me off more than paying border crossing fees. I got a bad bee stung and paid double from musicpress. It is hit and miss and by no means is it the fault of musicpress, it is a governmental issue.

Letterman - well, I was rather disappointed that Letterman did not take a moment to speak with John. I do not watch Letterman but understand he does not rightly or lefty communicate with his musical guests. ah...but did they not all look good. Prine Supreme!

Such a nice note I had from Jason Wilber via the wordpress today. His notes on being on David Letterman. How nice is that when a musician takes the time to take notes and send it on to his fans. I visit a few websites and did mention John Prine/Jason Wilber/David Jacques would be on Letterman.

Bottom line - enjoyed John Prine - but who is the guy playing guitar - that hunk. I returned post -...my friends - that is Jason Wilber!

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...