Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wrists Update

Geez, the morning I decided to walk and did not realized the factor of ice - my dear left wrist shattered, that was over two months ago. Here I am today still in much of a struggle. I talked with the doctor of pin/wrist building yesterday. He says, my bones are in excellent condition - they are like they should be. In his words, an excellent recovery you have made - keep doing your exercises, build your strength. I thanked him, I am very thankful.

My left wrist/my fingers can function - not well - but we make progress everyday. Small things, like baby steps - each day I try something new. Today, I gave a handshake to the doctor (with left). I had said, next time I visit with you - I will shake your hand, I did.

It is Easter time and once again, the mashed potatoe factor comes into play. Oh, how I can taste them, with real butter. I plan this week to peel potatoes, that is my goal - using left and right - no vice needed.

The right wrist, well it has now gone dirt side. It slipped some weeks ago, I have been doing far too much right sided. I sort of erupted a tendon and soon it will need to rest ~ when the left regains.

My right wrist/arm - has always been my strongest. teehee, The left is always trying to fight it. Most of the time I give them 50/50. I can turn a screw, pound a nail, whip an omelet with both. I play guitar, throw a ball, and bowl - right. It is a brain thing. I write/print left handed. I can write backwards with the left hand, (not now, of course). When I had severe dental problems, the freezing would not take on the right side - the problem laid on the left.

This post will not make any sense to folks that lean left or right - you know you are left handed or right handed. My brain knows both; it knows when one hand fails the other can pick the slack up. That is what my brain knows.

Now, if I ever get to that parking lot at ohboyrecords, I am going to request Billy Prine be there. With that tall one, I could lean on my left leg or right leg - no one would see. Who would even care if one had two feet, wrote left or right, sang in the middle of the night, - and shout out yep - I Prine! No one but me and Billy Prine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...