Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Accident - John Prine

Generally, when the telephone rings after midnight I anticipate it to be that of not a desirable nature. Not so, last night. Telephone rang about 12:20 a.m. - I said hello, voice replies hi - how are you. I said, I am just fine (knowing this gal on the other end was higher than any wave on the Pacific Ocean) and to whom and I speaking with? Young lass replies, this is Pamela. I said, oh Pamela - Mrs. Walkers' daughter - you're the one who hit her head on the mirror. Pammy says what, I didn't hit my head. Yes, you did - John told me; you were with your Mom at 3rd and Green, I replied. By this time Pamela is very confused, there is pausing, aheming, and finally she says I don't think I have the right number. I replied, no Pamela you do no have the right telephone number - you go and check the number you want and tend to your head. She then hung up.

Enters noisemaker - who was that... I said, Pamela but she had the wrong number. He says what's with her head. I replied - you do not want to know it's a John Prine thing. Noisemaker curses a little, I hear him say...it is the middle of the night and you are prinein'. Yep, tis the truth, I prine day or night and even in my dreams.

The Accident (things could be worse) - John Prine

3 comments:

  1. That's a scream! And aren't you of sharp mind in the wee hours!

    I'm just giggling non-stop here - can just picture noisemaker in all his delight, too! What a hoot - made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny... poor Pamela! hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Generally, I am not awake at that time of night but that night I had bedded down early; I awoke about 11:30 and I was turning the dial on the radio trying to find a John Prine song - so (teehee) I was all prined up!

    ReplyDelete

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...