Friday, January 8, 2010

Yesterday, Noisemaker and I took a road trip (near a two hour drive) up to shop at the Walmart. I am not one to shop but Noisemaker is. Geez, he can go down every aisle, look and gaze at every product except for feminine hygienic products. It near drives me to drink. However, we plod along and we purchase lots of goodies that we cannot buy at our local vendor. There were good sales at Walmart and I was able to utilize quite a few of my coupons. I like that.

Something else, I truly love is parcels. I receive mega parcels; mostly from my Prine friends. The past two weeks my local post office has been overwhelmed with my parcels. We stopped yesterday to pick them up and the clerk says to me...there is no one like you - you receive so many parcels. I replied, and I love every one of them! And, I do. Smucksville, it is dilly delight.

To mention some of the items I receive - well, first off - I could never get them on the mountain side. Stacking trays, lotions, a John Prine Pen, a blue and white touque, cds, magazines, crossword puzzle books, lots of nice things - lots of Prine treasures. Truly, it is dilly delight. When I get the parcels, be it in the mailbox or in person - well, sometimes I just have to yell on out. Yay and Yippeelicious!

I received the cd The List - Rosanne Cash. Lordy, I am such an odd ding - I have it in my head - singing This List, This List (from the song sung by Faith Hill - This Kiss, This Kiss). I sing:
This List
This List
Rosanne
It's incredible

It is an incredible life I lead. So much has changed over the near five years I have been on the mountain side. Some good and some well, you have to learn from ~ and learn I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...