Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Skunkeye Jan's Prine Birthday Cake

Prinewonderful! Skunkeye Jan made a John Prine meatloaf cake. A double decker, filled and topped with whipped mashed potatoes. The Happy 63rd Birthday John Prine is written with ketchup. Served up with her Prine wine, geez this woman has got talent.

22 hours to until I leave for Vancouver, or less. My seasonal neighborette came over this morning and asked me if I would like to ride with them to Vancouver. They would take me right to the hotel. They reside in a suburb of Vancouver and were here on the mountain side for Thanksgiving. The truck they drive ran into some muffler problems so they had to stay a day later than anticipated. As I write this, I assume they are having it repaired and all is going well, as I have not heard from them. To ride into Vancouver with friends instead of the greyhound is Prinewonderful!

Everyone is so excited for Charlene and I. I have wishes coming in from everywhere, even my fine neighbor, Chris stopped by this morning to wish me a safe trip. He tells me 'try not to leap at John Prine, if you get to meet him.

My suitcase is overflowing, I have so much to take. All my prine gifts for my prine friends in the USA. Oh my goodness, it is very exciting. I opted out of the baking for the fellows and will go with the Tim Hortons' donuts. My baking will not last until concert day; however, I am taking a bag of chocolate chip cookies for Charlene and I.

My noisemaker is remembering everything. Smucksville, he appears to be happy and a bit excited for me. I am very pleased he is remembering about me going to see John Prine, meeting Charlene - I did not have to repeat anything this morning. That is two mornings in a row he remembered. I was telling him this morning how RS, Charlene, and perhaps Crusher will meet up in Nashville...noisemaker says to me - oh god, I hope you are not going to Nashville!

I have so much to be thankful for.

I gonna get on the old highway
And I gonna ride
Straight to Vancouver
to see Mr Prine Y

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...