Monday, October 12, 2009

I Am Paradise Wavin'

Oh my, I am very excited today. I have been preparing - getting my evereadys ready. I am bringing six of them so as I do not run out. I will need a fresh batch for my digital so Charlene can snap some photos of our Johnny and I. Well, hopefully she will be snappin'. I need batteries for my cd player, I am bringing Prine, Springsteen, and Young. I also need batteries for my little transistor radio.

I have all my little gifts organized in a nice little pile. I have gifts to bring from Skunkeye - I have been eyeing those, and yes, I have touched them - but not as yet today. Laundry is near all done, one more load to do tomorrow. I must bake my unturtle bars tomorrow. Those will be for John, Jason, David, Eric, and Faddy. We will get them something truly Canadian, Tim Hortons' Donuts.

I got my John Prine pendants packed (please see under 'special sites - Charlene Stevenson). My sharpie pens I have tested out and I look two or three times a day at my bus ticket.

I had a fine surprise this morning, noisemaker actually remembered I was going to see John Prine. He remembered all on his own, I was so proud of him. He remembered Charlene from Madison; asked me to write notes to where I will be; when to pick me up, leave telephone numbers - just in case. I was very pleased. Since the surgery, his memory well he cannot buy it back.

Alas, my little noisemaker won't know what hit him while I am away on my Prine adventure. He will not find anything and it will be quiet for him. Not that I make a lot of noise, I don't. I am quite a quiet person ;) but I do tend to sing a tad and I dance. That drives my noisemaker insane especially when I do it in public. He pretends he does not know me and I have never been able to figure that one out - it has always been a head scratcher for me.

4 more days to Prine
2 more days to meet Charlene

Lord, I can hardly contain/maintain myself. This is truly a trip of a lifetime for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...