Saturday, October 3, 2009

My John Prine Souvenirs

I was out walking this morning and I was thinking about folks who collect John Prine treasures. Naturally, I got stuck on the song Souvenirs (John Prine). However, the words got altered. . .

All the snow has turned to water
Christmas days have come and gone
....at this point I forgot the words and
I join in with...
I will never let them rob me
Of my John Prine Souvenirs

Oh John, memories of you they can't be boughten
Can't be won at a carnival for free
Johnny, it took me years
To get your souvenirs
And I will never
Let them slip away from me

Then, I have to stop in the middle of the dirt road, hold my stomach because I am laughing so hard (just as I am doing right this minute). I regain control, I walk a few steps and it starts in again. Regain, try to focus...(it is not working). I make it home, I write this out before it escapes my precious little brain. I laugh, I do a double paradise wave and say to myself, Johnny - Lucky 13! 13 more days until Prine - Vancouver. Oh my, shutter/flutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...