Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Wild Couple Of Days, The Moon is Coming To Full

Smucksville, it has been wild here with major thunderstorms, major lightening, and circumstances well beyond my control. Oh no, not that I can control the weather system - lord, I am not of the governmental nature. I had other issues/circumstances to deal with.

We have had over 200 lightening strikes here just over night. There is not chance in hell the Forest Service is ever going to have these fires under control. As I have mentioned, before, I think - they will not permit a open fire ban until 2010 Opening Ceremonies. They need the damn flame and it will be an open flame.

My best news is my oldest brother and his wife paid us a visit. It was a very nice time; I served a luncheon of ham, salads, buns and of course - those Unturtled Bars (god, I love them).

44 days until John Prine - geez, I must get packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...