Friday, September 4, 2009

Happy Working Class Heros Day Weekend, Folks

I hope it is a good weekend for all folks because I know all folks work.

From the person laying in some hospital bed trying to stay alive to the lil bit of a wife at home whose husband is in some union job whose benefits are slipping away along with his pension. Happy Labor Day.

For the homeless person trying to collect bottles just to get a cigarette - Happy Labor Day.

I always think of my Dad on Labor Day (and no, do not tell me I have to add the 'u' because I am Canadian - that is strictly the UK - those folks across the pond and I have never been in favor of a queen that lives so far away from the mountain side).

My Dad was a very strong individual. He worked, strived for - the working class. I will always be proud of him.

I tried, several times, to link you to a page of a newspaper to where he struck his own union because he claimed 'unfair'. The linky link did not work for me. Then, I tried to find the UA Local 170 sticker I received just after he died. To no avail. I am not battin' good, here and I doubt I will even get to first base. But, I plod on. That is what workers have to do. Unfortnately, that does not seem to come to bare any sort of fruit. Geez, do you ever wonder why.

Oh, sit a spell - and say to yourself - Power, Control, and Greed.

Gee - what comes to your mind?

'A Working Class Hero Is Something To Be' ~ John Lennon

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...