Sunday, September 20, 2009

Chimney Inversions

It was a tad on the side of cool this morning, I knew I would have to build a fire in the woodstove. I opened the door of the stove and noted immediately the temperature inside was cold. From the vast knowledge I have of wood burning, I knew not to start a fire because I would have an inversion. I hate those inversions. Smoke comes billowing out and you panic. Noisemaker he told me what to do when you think you are going to have an inversion, but rightly or lefty speaking, it must have been one of those moments I was not paying heed to. I went on line and found this wonderful website ~all you need to know about wood burning stoves but were afraid to ask~ teehee. Website is http://www.chimneysweeponline.com. I followed the instructions given for my problem and now I have a nice, toasty lil bit of a fire going. I am proud of myself, very proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...