Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Morning - Not A Good Start; But It Got Much Better

Generally, when I awake in the early hours of the morning, I like to make my coffee and go outside to sit and drink it; have a cigarette, and watch for animals. This morning was no different in the routine. I should mention, at this point, I rarely turn lights on because I do not want to scare any animals that maybe around. My milk carton was low, but I figure eh, I have enough, it'll do. I proceeded outside and sat quietly having my cigarette enjoying my coffee until a big chunk of sour milk touched my lips. Oh lord, this is not good for me, I have a very weak stomach. I knew I was not keep this down and also that I would not make into the four walls. I held my stomach and walked out a few steps in the darkness of morning and well, you get the rest of the story.

I thought to myself, this is not anyway to start off a day, I do hope it gets better - and it does! When the noisemaker awoke he was all in glee (this is a rare event; he is not a morning person). He tells me he is going on a camping trip sometime in September with the sons/grandsons. I thought to myself, I have hit the damn lotto! I could have jumped for joy.

There is a story behind the event of a camping trip for noisemaker, sons, and grandsons. The sons were trying to arrange this back in around the first of the year. Noisemaker said he did not want to attend because he does not hunt anymore. I questioned this because with three generations it may never happen where they all can be together again. After Noisemakers' surgery and life changing events he clearly sees how important this is to his sons and his grandsons (not to mention me).

So sometime during September I will have a week or so to myself. I will do very well - I will not have to shovel snow and I will not have to do wood. I will be at peace, I will Prine in preparation for you know, that big date on October 16th.

56 more days to Prine
Y

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...