Thursday, June 25, 2009

Noisemaker

I have had a few inquiries how Noisemaker received his name. Well, no - it was not from the John Prine song - Dear Abby.

When he was hospitalized, well - actually - he had probably not even arrived at the hospital and a light bulb burst in my head, how quiet it was within these four walls we call a home. Some hours passed and the stepson called up wondering how everything was going for me. I said, oh my - it is silent here. I did not realize how much noise your Dad made. It was that point, where I decided to call him Noisemaker.

And, yes - he does make a lot of noise. He loves to watch television, that television could be on 18 hours a day. I am not a television watcher, I watch a movie or two, once in awhile, I like the six o'clock news. I do not sit in one place well. I enjoy activity, to move - oh, alas, the free, quiet, spirit I am.

1 comment:

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...