Saturday, June 6, 2009

I Can See!

I can see - touched by a brilliant disguise! God, I think I could be nun material.

A pleasant surprise entertained me when I received, from the eye doctor - my results from the tests. I can see near 20/20 in each eye. The problem is that the eyes (like everything else here) do not work as one. The left eye is not working with the right eye. They do not want to work together and they never will.

It is like my hands - the left does not want to work with the right. Thank god, I never went into construction. Contractors would never have me on their payroll.

I have went through the left and right thing all my life. It is not a political issue, nor a gender issue - it is an issue on how the brain works. The brain has, as we know, a left and right side and there are words for that, but I cannot spell that nor have the vocab for it - I am busy smacking them mosquitos.

Some folks are strong left handed, some folks are strong right handed. My brain does not work that way. I can write with both hands. Strongly on the left. I played guitar on the right as I did bowl. (oh teehee, I had many strikes - luck was on my side - right. I could whip a spinner down the alley that would scare any cat away). The left side of the brain, to me is the thinking side, it is not entertainment. It makes my left hand work, that side of the brain - forces me to think issues through in a manner that has seem to worked for me for many years and hopefully years to come.

I believe both sides of my brain - right and left - have one thing in common - love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...