Sunday, May 3, 2009

Forest Fire

In the area to which I reside we have been notified that 30 miles (approximately) down the road is an 800+ hectare forest fire - started by the factor of human. The winds have been strong yesterday and today. The sooner it gets under control the better off I'll be.

I have experienced forest fires in the past and have been in the midst of one. I know to pack up quickly because in a moment you can/will be evacuated. I know not to mess with Mother Nature, she wins everytime.

Lydia - geez, she is a strong scarecrowette. I had to fix her up a bit this morning, but that is to be expected. She sagged where she should not have been sagging, a few string pulls and a nail mended her. Lydia appears to be happy and enjoying her duties. Knowing Lydia - if the forest fire moves in - she'd be the last woman standing! ;)

1 comment:

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...