Sunday, April 12, 2009

Wood Stackin', Noisemakin', John Prinein'

I gave the Noisemaker an easter present yesterday, I stacked the wood - ain't it a picture to behold! It is like putting a jigsaw puzzle together, each piece has its' own side and the side must be corresponding to fit into another piece.

Yesterday, I also went to take some pictures of all the birds out back. I quietly sat (squatted) down and then leaped with a great 'ouch' as I had landed my bottom on a prickly rose bush. I had figured that 'bush' was not quite finished with his duties ~ and with the prick of the landing I had, I knew what I was thinking was ringing true.

ah, and Easter Sunday it is. Peter Cottontail should be hopping down the bunny trail. I hope he does not leave anything behind like the moose do here. Yikers, we do have lots of droppings. Sunday is also paper day at the general store - god, I love to get the Sunday paper - do you know the Sunday paper includes five crossword puzzles, I have enough crossword puzzles to last me the entire week. There are great crossword puzzle books, I had one sent to me. It is themed crossword puzzles, my favorite.

For supper last night I made homemade bread and chili. The recipe for chili calls for 1/2 cup of beef stock. I use oxo. I saw the Noisemaker had the kettle out and naturally, I was thinking that in the kettle was water. I continued making my recipe and later on Noisemaker came to the kitchen asking what he should do with the kettle water - I replied, well pour it down the sink - he says - there is vinegar in there, I was cleaning the kettle. I did not say a word. The vinegar water had already gone into the chili. I never said a word. I inquired after supper, how was the chili - great, he said. I left well enough alone and stuck to having several pieces of homemade bread, no vinegar chili for me. I did taste it and it did taste okay, but just the thought of vinegar in chili - ugh and pukesville.

Oh yes, as a side (lay me down) note - I had my will drawn up last week. It is not a heart warming experience knowing you are writing about your death. However, I did have to laugh to myself when I read the final copy - the last line reads - . . .and play some John Prine. *smilin*

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...