Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Long Days and Nights/Milwaukee

Geez, it is quiet here - I cannot believe how much noise Gary made. I did speak with the nurse in charge today and also to Gary. The surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning - however, there is no guarantee that it will happen. I cannot understand this damn system, I am only trying to work with it. The surgery itself is common and for Gary, right now, the safest place for him is in the hospital. If the aneurysmn (sp) burst - well, even in the hospital his chance of survival is 50%. Makes you sit and ponder how precious life is.

Milwaukee on Friday for my John Prine friends. That brings a big smile to my face. I cannot believe they are all going to meet each other and I too, wish I could meet them all. They are very special folks. All Priners/Prinettes are very special folks.

Charlene, Crusher, and Rumbleshorts will all be there. Charlene will be swinging her newest pendant - Illegal Smiles. I anticipate there will be a few Illegal Smiles (not the pendant type) in the audience on Friday night. They are all meeting up at Rudy's prior to the concert for beverages and snacks. One heck of a concert it is going to be. I'll be thinking about them and in my heart, Prining Peacefully. I'll do my wave.

Hopefully, tomorrow Gary will have his surgery - god, I hope and I hope he does not die on me. I still need him.

Thank you everyone for your wishes and thoughts - I appreciate them all.

Cheers, Beers, and Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...