Friday, March 13, 2009

I Am Getting Excited

I have decided on a pot roast cooked in the slow cooker - the best way to cook a pot roast - complete with the trimmings, vegetables, and of course, lemon pie. Gary will not be too mobile for sometime, but it will be nice to hear his noisemakin' instead of all the sounds I have heard at night. Let me tell you I had every Casper ghost in the radius of 500 miles come to visit me. One night I had the tv going, the cd music player on, the radio and still those ghosts were here.

My fine neighbor, Chris has paid me daily visits. Several people here have called once they were told Gary was hospitalized. Many have offered assistance for when Gary is back home. We will need it - I cannot lift the water jug, it weighs 40 pounds. It is going to be frustrating for Gary to see me continue to stack the (curse words) wood, but thems the breaks. It takes me forever to do the wood, I can only handle two pieces at one time, but I do get it done. I hope Gary will finally teach how to use that (curse words) lever thing on the woodstove. I have been leftin' and rightin' that thing like I was doing some jig dance.

To everyone, I thank you. Gary does too. He would never admit to it, but I know he wondered...geez, how in the hell is she going to make it here on her own...wood, fire, shovelling, Chris. But I did and I am proud of it!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you. Soon all the snow will turn to water, god, I hope. The forecast tonight is power outages caused by some big fn north wind. Geez, you think them gods would let up. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Days...Gary is coming home! And I hope all the snow does turn to water for you. And really soon!

    ReplyDelete

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...