Monday, February 2, 2009

The Wave

When I become excited (smack your head, not that way), I do this wave thing. It is a Hi, Hello, Greetings. It is just something I have always done. I wave to all the animals that come to visit me. I waved at John Prine, Bruce Springsteen, and Neil Young when I attended their concerts. I waved at the television when Barack Obama took his oath.

The wave, it is simple. It is not a wave like you would see a beauty queen or Queen Liz doing, the fingers are not bent. The hand is not raised any further than the shoulder. The wave is done close to the heart and preferably using the left hand.

Speaking of which - I was born with a brain that does not recognize left or right. So as, I have to think before I can utilize my hands. What application I am doing will constitute which hand I am going to use to best provide getting the job done quickly, and accurately.

For instance - when you are using a hammer - (those nine pound hammer are not fit for women). I lift the hammer, look at what I am doing - change hands - wonder if this is a job for left or right. Screwdrivers, I never get correct - I sit there and think to myself, lefty righty - lucy goosey. My Mom had a nickname for me, Lucy Goosey.

I write left handed, I played guitar right handed. I bowled right handed. I eat left handed. It is a happy medium, well I hope it is.

I must extend thanks to a friend of mine in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada - skunkeyejan - a Prine Friend. She tweeted in and left my brain wondering - is that right?

*calmly she raises her left hand, close to the heart and does The Wave.* No need to look about below because the drop is not a long one.

1 comment:

  1. I don't wave, I wink. Or at least I think I do. Not everyone can wink. I probably look like something got in my eye. One time I winked and got something in my eye. It was the fist of the guy standing next to the gal I winked at. I told him I just had something in my eye. But he knew I was winkin' or so he was thinkin'. I'd been drinkin'. Romantic slob? I'm guilty.

    ReplyDelete

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...