Wednesday, April 25, 2018

John Prine ~ The Tree Of Forgiveness

We all know, John Prine is a legend.  A legend in our time - thank you, John.  

A time for our generation where we received Elvis Presley and The Beatles.  We had Lesley Gore and Dusty Springsteen.  Bruce Springsteen and Neil Young!  What a great time, musically to grow up and so special is it to be a part of.  

After 13 years, we have a new John Prine.  The Tree Of Forgiveness.  My friend, Naj was in New York City to attend the John Prine concert - she is the reason why I am listening to Summers' End at this moment.

My early review...well - could John Prine have done have better/worse?  I believe John got the cuckoo clock dazzling at 12.  He aced what he had to do.  Prine reveals in his lyrics, his dark side.  

To the dark side, we all -as humans- have it.  Our dark side.

John Prine welcomes you to his dark side.  He sided to say, yeppers I hug my wife, I give my boys a punch on the shoulder.  

We all want to keep our hearts beating, we want to make life better for the next coming generation.

I am so thankful to have met John Prine twice.  eh, I am going to make it three.  Vancouver 2019. . . with my brother (the retired letter mailman).  Yep, Johnny, David Jacques, and Jason Wilber - we will be there in the back alley...somewhere in Vancouver.  See you in 2019.



No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...