Monday, October 19, 2015

John Prine ~ Melbourne, Florida ~ October 2015 (Scott Nolan)

John Prine recently held a concert in Melbourne, Florida ~ my Prine friend, Scott Nolan and his wife were in attendance.

While trying to digest the events of the day Scott and the Mrs. settled into some fine Prine.  As Prine sang his great musical compositions, Scott listen with more than two ears.  

I hope I get this part right...John Prine comes to the microphone and starts talking about a book, Argyle Gargoyles written by Scott Nolan - who should be in the crowd tonight (Scott yells on out)...Mr. Prine explains about Scotts' book, thanks him and proceeds to play one of Scotts' favorite Prine songs...How Lucky Can One Man Get.  At the end of the song, John gives Scott a salute.  

As Scott posted later, his wife teared up.  No lie, I did too.  I cannot imagine what Prine elation Scott felt during that concert.  Having being recognized by Prine that he wrote a book (containing a few/Prine related words - hahaha), well, folks this is Prine ultimate!  

My word, Chuck - my Prine friend across the pond sings for John Prine.  Scott Nolan, from the other side of that pond is recognized for writing his book.  Folks,  I wonder what is next. . .

Anyone wanting to purchase Argyle Gargoyles - it is for sale via amazon.com
A Darkly Humorous Novel 
Scott Nolan


No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...