Thursday, October 22, 2015

A Bullet? A Plane?

The other day, while attending to my dirty/filthy habit I noticed my seasonal neighbors' abode had a window blown out.

I raced in to tell Noisemaker, and we got ourselves, prepared to go over and investigate.

Noisemaker goes in first (with a flashlight), I stay behind with a flashlight - it was near darkness time.  I waited for Noisemaker to check everything and while awaiting I gazzed the over to wear my neighbor sets his footwear.  

My word, what I saw was not any footwear, it was a dead bird ~ a grouse.  Flew to two panes of glass.  

Apparently, this happens...so sad for the grouse - they mate for life.

I contacted my seasonal neighbor.  My noisemaker saw to it to cover the broken window...and life went on....

Can you imagine if you are seasonal and some bird splats through your window - you do not come up for six months...oh god, the smell, the bugs - it would be pukesville.

Our seasonal neighbor will arrive soon, he is thankful - I am too because it was not a bullet!  Only a bullet grouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...