Sunday, June 28, 2015

My Yankee

On June 28th, 2005 - my dog - Yankee crossed the Rainbow Bridge.  I miss him dearly, he was my best friend.  Yankee was part border collie and siberian husky.  A beautiful dog.  The picture is not great, he was six months old at the time of picture taking. I took the picture from a picture.

We (Noisemaker and I) received Yankee from the SPCA.  Not known to us Yankee was epileptic.  It did not matter, he was treated with medication and became a very special part of our family.

Yankee was cremated and I hope dearly his ashes are what I received.  

We received Yankees' ashes on June 30th, 2005.

June 30th, 1990 is when we adopted Yankee from the SPCA.

My Boy, My Do, My Big Bunch Of Honey.  I miss you.  Oh yes, his favorite song was Happy Birthday - I would say to him...I think it is someones' birthday today and then break out a great rendition of Happy Birthday.  He would howl along with me.  So many happy times we had together.

We will be together again, Yankee one day.  I will meet you when I too, cross the Rainbow Bridge and Yankee - I will bring you chips and gravy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...